I mentioned in a previous post that I need heavy beats pumping into my ears to motivate me for my runs. Here are a couple of power songs on my playlist right now.
- Can’t Hold Us, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton
- California Love, 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre (by the way, did you know that Chris Tucker is in the music video??!)
- Wizard, Martin Garrix & Jay Hardaway
- Rest of My Life, Ludacris feat. Usher & David Guetta
- Lose Yourself, Eminem
- Sweat, Snoop Dogg & David Guetta
- Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls (yes, this song is actually in my playlist)
- Let’s Go, Calvin Harris & Ne-Yo
- Danza Kuduro, Don Omar feat. Lucenzo (because I miss my Zumba classes in DC)
- Work Work, Britney Spears (I hate to admit that I listen to this, but the beat is catchy even though there are probably only 25 unique words in the lyrics)
- Levels, Avicii
I would say that my taste in music is quite eclectic (I haven’t even gotten into my J-pop and Cantopop songs yet). When it comes to running, as long as a song has a discernible, strong beat in the background, I’m good to go.
Q: Any suggestions on what I should add to my playlist?